A collaboration builds community
It all started when the City of Emeryville asked us to launch a campaign to bring visitors to Emeryville during the 34th America’s Cup races on San Francisco Bay. As we strategized our ‘Destination Emeryville’ campaign, we created Emeryville on the Bay, its website, social and communications. We designed and produced banners to brand Emeryville as a fun place to visit and branded Emeryville as “On the Bay.”
We collaborated with the City of Emeryville Economic Development staff, our Bay friends, charter members like IKEA, Bay Street, Townhouse Bar and Grill, Marriott, P.F. Chang’s and both marinas to position Emeryville as a travel destination. Even residents, did not know Emeryville had 2 marinas and 850 slips in that 1.2 sq. mi. of a town! Strategic advertising drove the sailing community to the website and filled hotels, key restaurants and both marinas. Some sailors even moved their boats permanently to Emeryville after visiting.
Based on our success with Emeryville on the Bay, we created a tourism hub. SF on the Bay and a partnership between Working Images and Malaga Corp, was born.
SF on the Bay is now a lifestyle brand with 13 website cities – all with marinas and hidden gems we share with visitors. We provide curated content and listings for locals, visitors, and the sailing community. Our ‘Dock, DIne, Drink, Shop and Play directory has over 3,000 listings and is growing.
When we poured our energy into Richmond on the Bay, we created a Richmond Trail Guide so visitors could find where to dine, stay, drink & play during Richmond’s big boat show. The Richmond Trail Guide was a big hit at the Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show. We served as Sail America’s communications firm for the last two years of the boat show in Richmond.
We work to build real connections between our advertisers and readers, through PR & marketing – news stories, social media, offline events, and building relationships. Many of our advertisers have been with us for years. Even during the pandemic, as we all rallied to keep our brand out there to promote these businesses.
Our original, on-the-ground reporting provides local human-interest stories, city news and Bay Area sailing news. Thousands of our printed community maps are distributed in the SF Ferry terminal, City offices, marinas, hotels, restaurants, breweries, wineries, art museums, etc. Our Gentle Winds eblast newsletter has an email list of VIPs from cities around the Bay, including city officials, residents, visitors, business owners, and people we have highlighted in our stories.
- Maintain tourism hub of 13 websites, logos, directories & maps for communities around SF Bay
- Produce ‘The Experience’ highlighting our advertisers’ news stories, ‘The List highlighting Drink & Dine, Shop, Stay & Play in our Gentle Winds weekly eblast campaign. And via SMS texting.
- Distribute thousands of trail guides within our communities and beyond
- Create a monthly community ad in Latitude 38 sailing magazine with a distribution of 30,000 copies around the Bay
SF on the Bay Services
- Integrated marketing & PR programs
- Image development, messaging & branding
- Web development, graphic design & print collateral
- Content development, photography & writing
- Public awareness programs & consumer awareness campaigns
- Digital, social media, SMS text marketing & advertising
- Video production
- Event production